KXIP vs KKR Live Score

A mysterious ailment hit American diplomats and their families in the southern Chinese city of Guangzhou, reported AFP.

A crisis over a mysterious ailment sickening U.S. diplomats and their families - which began in Cuba and recently appeared in China - has widened as the State Department evacuated at least two more Americans from China on Wednesday (June 6).

On May 23, the US Embassy in China said the US government is studying claims by an American diplomat who recently reported "abnormal" sensations of sound and pressure. It was unclear if there was any connection to last year's situation in Cuba where 24 USA government employees experienced a range of ailments after hearing an unusual sound.

Nauert also said that remaining United States government personnel and their families in Guangzhou would also be able to request testing if they 'noted concerning symptoms or wanted baseline screening'.

Nauert also said medical professionals will "conduct full evaluations to determine the cause of the reported symptoms and whether the findings are consistent with those noted in previously affected government personnel or possibly completely unrelated". While the economic, political and diplomatic ties between China and the USA are obviously much stronger, any additional strains are not welcome.

Vehicles pass by high-rise apartment buildings in The Canton Place where U.S. government workers experienced unexplained health issues in Guangzhou, southern China's Guangdong province, Thursday, June 7, 2018.

Man steals armored vehicle from National Guard base
In a bond hearing by video conference today, Yabut told a judge that the National Guard was his only source of income. About a half-dozen Capitol Police officers with combat-style rifles were guarding the entrance to Capitol Square.

Chinese officials earlier said that they had looked into last month's case but came up with no clues about the cause of the symptoms.

"As for the latest incident, my understanding is that the USA side hasn't had any formal communication with the Chinese side about it", foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said at a regular press briefing. We learnt this from the report of the New York Times.

The department said it had sent a team to Guangzhou and set up a task force to oversee the response to the mystery attacks in China and Cuba.

Canada in April also ordered families of diplomatic staff in Cuba to return home after mysterious health symptoms were detected in 10 Canadians stationed on the island. Ten Canadian diplomats and their relatives also suffered a unusual illness.

But with Americans now exhibiting similar symptoms in Guangzhou, US officials have raised suspicions about whether other countries, perhaps China or Russian Federation, might be to blame.

In testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee last month, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said China had "said all the right things and have demonstrated their willingness to help us identify the vector which led to this medical incident". They are in addition to a United States worker in Guangzhou who was evacuated earlier, as the Trump administration had already disclosed. The diplomats who reported problems with hearing loss, balance, vision, sleep, and headaches in Cuba were living in hotels and other dense dwellings-places where a listening device or other unknown technology could have easily been planted nearby.


COMMENTS