A South Texas man nearly died after he was bitten by the head of a rattlesnake he'd just decapitated.
According to KIII-TV in South Texas, Jennifer Sutcliffe and her husband were out doing yard work near Corpus Christi when they spotted a four-foot rattlesnake on their property.
Although being attacked by a severed snake head seems unusual, Sean Bush, a snake expert at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University told NBC News in 2014 that it's "very common" for snake heads to still bite because it's "a last-ditch effort to survive". But after driving for two miles, she said her husband began to lose consciousness, lost his vision and started to have mini seizures. "He had to have 26 doses".
She said that because the snake had no control of its venom glands Milo was injected a super dose of venom, much more than what would usually be used. Instead, the Oklahoma State Department of Health recommends getting a description of the snake and its markings.
Ms Sutcliffe called 911 and her husband was airlifted from his home near Corpus Christi to hospital where he was treated with an anti-venom.
Simona Halep sweeps aside Garbine Muguruza to reach French Open final
I didn't, like, try to do it. "And when I got my opportunity at 4-3 to break, I was like, It's go time", Stephens explained. Twice the runner-up in Paris , Halep has qualified for the final by defeating 2016 champion Garbine Muguruza 6-1, 6-4.
More than a week after the incident, the man is reportedly in stable condition, with some weakened kidney function, reports said. Doctors told Sutcliffe her husband might not make it, even after giving him vast amounts of anti-venom. "He was saying stuff like 'if I die I love you, '" she said.
While Jennifer said she was scared too, she tried to stay positive.
A man was bitten by a dead snake on Memorial Day in Texas, US. The average number for snake bite is four doses, Mrs Sutcliffe said. He's now in stable condition.
If you're bitten by a rattlesnake, don't attempt to suck out the venom.