KXIP vs KKR Live Score

Health officials said that the 71-year-old man died from an infection of the Vibrio vulnificus bacteria after having a seafood meal at a restaurant in Sarasota, Florida on July 8.

The man ate the bad oyster at a Sarasota restaurant two days before succumbing to gastrointestinal illness.

Authorities have so far refused to reveal the man's identity and the name of the restaurant.

The Florida Department of Health told the Sun Sentinel that the oyster was contaminated with the bacteria Vibrio vulnificus, an organism that can cause severe and potentially fatal illness.

Health officials say you should not go into the water if you have fresh cuts or scrapes.

Vibrio is a strain of bacteria found in oysters and other seafood.

Will Walmart Try to Undercut It on Price — Netflix
More content is being watched on mobile devices, with 16-34 year olds leading the charge, Ofcom said. Some 44% reported having a smart TV, with 83% of those being connected to home broadband services.

The vast majority of vibriosis infections result in symptoms typical of a foodborne illness: cramping, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, fever, and chills.

WWSB also warns that bacteria can enter the system through an open wound, so be wary swimming with cuts.

The illness was caused by Vibrio vulnificus, officials said.

This is the first confirmed case and death from Vibrio vulnificus in Sarasota County this year.

Oysters, clams, and mussels need to be cooked thoroughly since infection may be contracted through consumption of undercooked shellfish.

"Exposures occur more commonly during the summer months from May to October, when the water is warmer", agency officials told the Tampa Bay Times. Individuals who exhibit symptoms after entering the water with open wounds or after eating raw shellfish are urged to see their doctor. "That's usually not the case when someone consumes the bacteria", Drennon said. In 2016, Manatee County had two cases, while Sarasota County had three cases and one fatality.


COMMENTS