The Turkish government on Sunday ordered the dismissal of 18,632 civil servants, mostly from the police and military, over links to a failed coup attempt in July 2016.
It said 8,998 police officers were ousted from the Security General Directorate, while 649 others were dismissed from the Gendarmerie General Command.
Turkey has been under a state of emergency for almost two years, declared after a failed coup attempt in July 2016.
Under the newly introduced system, president, who leads the state's executive branch, will be able to appoint vice presidents, ministers, high-level officials and senior judges, as well as dissolve parliament, issue executive decrees and impose a state of emergency.
Turkey's state-run news agency says authorities have issued detention warrants for 271 soldiers over their suspected links to US -based cleric who is blamed by Ankara for a failed coup attempt in 2016.
Aunt Meghan: Duchess of Sussex stuns in green at Prince Louis’ christening
The two dazzled in very different but equally gorgeous looks, with Meghan wowing in a designer and cut she has never worn before. When Meghan and Harry stepped out at a casual reception in London this week, her hair was pulled back into a sleek low bun.
Human rights groups say the purge has also targeted the government's political opponents and critics and has swept up innocent people, as well.
Turkey has accused Gulen of ordering the attempted overthrow of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on July 15, 2016 - a charge he strongly denies. Twelve NGOs, three newspapers and one television station will also be closed.
Authorities also dismissed 199 academics, according to the new decree, while 148 state employees from the military and ministries were reinstated.
Earlier this year, the government said more than 77,000 people had been arrested over alleged links to Gulen.