KXIP vs KKR Live Score

Kate McClure, 28, and Mark D'Amico, 35, created their Go Fund Me account previous year after Johnny Bobbitt gave his last $20 to help McClure when her vehicle broke down on Interstate 95 near Philadelphia, according to the GoFundMe page, The Charlotte Observer reported.

The GoFundMe campaign raised more than $400,000, but Bobbit's attorney said McClure and D'Amicos attorney called Tuesday morning and said they will not be turning over any money because there is none.

In court documents filed by Bobbitt's attorneys, the couple was accused of using "substantial portions of the money raised for their own personal use".

The judge also ordered the couple to meet with Bobbitt and his lawyers to discuss the GoFundMe money - Meeting at a residential detoxification facility where Bobbitt is now seeking drug treatment. Fears of Bobbitt's alleged drug use reportedly became a concern for the couple, with his addiction being the reason they were wary of giving him large sums from the donation pile all at once.

"It completely shocked me when I heard", Chris Fallon, Bobbitt's attorney, told the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Asked to comment on this claim, the couple's attorney, Ernest Badway, said by email, "We have no comment".

A hearing for the case is scheduled for Wednesday.

There are conflicting reports from the couple and Bobbitt about how the money was used and whether Bobbitt was a participant or a victim.

GoFundMe spokesman Bobby Whithorne said the company is working with law enforcement to ensure that Johnny Bobbitt gets all the money raised for him.

The ordeal began back in 2017 when McClure ran out of gas on Interstate 95 near Philadelphia and Bobbitt, who was living under a nearby bridge, came to her rescue.

It comes after a court last week ordered the couple turn over what was left of the cash.

Celebrities pay tribute to BBC Radio 5 Live presenter Rachael Bland
She later joined BBC Radio 5 Live where she became a feature on Richard Bacon's late-night show and ended up staying on. BBC journalist Rachael Bland has died, her family have announced in a heartbreaking social media post.

In court on Thursday, Badway said Bobbitt stole from the couple and received at least $200,000 from the funds since the couple set up the GoFundMe page for him last November.

Fallon said the amount given to Bobbitt was about $75,000.

Christopher Fallon who is representing the 35-year-old Good Samaritan said he found out the money was missing after a call with the attorneys of the couple who raised the money, according to USA network the ABC.

"That's a lot of money to go through to in just a short period of time", he added.

It was close to midnight and she was driving alone on I-95 when her auto ran out of gas as she was on an exit ramp.

"We really have to take this one step at a time". But in an April interview with the Inquirer, he said, "I want to experience life". But suddenly, she had a new BMW, and the couple were taking vacations to Florida, California and Las Vegas, Bobbitt told the Inquirer. The GoFundMe cash, Bobbitt suspected, had been squandered on vacations, a luxury auto and more than one addiction.

Last week, Superior Court Judge Paula T. Dow ordered the couple to wire the remaining funds to a trust for Bobbitt, and submit an accounting report of the donated money within 24 hours.

D'Amico told the Inquirer that he controls the money but thinks neither he nor his girlfriend did anything wrong.

Bobbitt admitted to the paper that the couple once gave him $25,000 and he spent it on giving it to relatives and friends, and some on drugs.

During an appearance Monday on NBC's "Megyn Kelly Today" show, D'Amico told Kelly there was well over $150,000 left of the donations.


COMMENTS