KXIP vs KKR Live Score

Australian media reported a man in Queensland was hospitalized after swallowing part of a needle and developing abdominal pain.

Chantal Faugeras said three needles were found in three strawberries when her 10-year-old child tried to eat them.

Donnybrook operates three farms on the Sunshine Coast but distributes strawberries throughout Australia, including to Coles.

Queensland chief health officer Jeannette Young said given the additional cases she was now advising shoppers to cut up strawberries before consuming them.

It's not known if all the finds are from the original Queensland incident, because not all of them have been forensically examined.

Acting Queensland Chief Superintendent of the State Crime Command Terry Lawrence said the evidence indicates the act was "obviously" meant to injure others.

A Woolworths spokesperson later told Starts at 60: "Woolworths takes food safety very seriously and is working closely with authorities as they investigate this matter".

Chief Superintendent Lawrence says thankfully no one has been harmed, as all the reports have come from people who have found the pins and needles after cutting the strawberries prior to consumption. "It wasn't five minutes later they rang back and said it was too late, he'd actually bitten into it", she told ABC radio.

The Queensland Strawberry Growers' Association says a disgruntled farm worker may be responsible, as the two brands affected, Berry Obsession and Berrylicious, came from the same farm. "And told the teacher there was a needle in his strawberry".

Liverpool Spectacularly Lucky Not To Concede Late Penalty Vs Spurs
So now we have to prove that and do it again and again and again, and see if we can do so. "We will see if we can do so". Klopp, though, stressed that there will be plenty more obstacles for his team to overcome in the rest of the campaign.

"Just posting this as a warning to anyone that has bought strawberries (Berry Obsessions) from Woolworths recently", Gane wrote on September 9.

Already struggling with low prices, strawberry growers are imploring customers to keep buying their fruit after sewing needles were discovered in punnets.

So far, NSW Police has received reports of contaminated strawberries purchased at supermarkets at Tweed Heads, Taree, and Wingham.

Canberrans who have bought fresh strawberries recently are being urged to check the brand after sewing needles were found in some berries interstate.

She said that with the affected products having been taken off the shelves, the public can now feel safe eating strawberries, adding that the incidents. "It makes it hard because you might need to dispose of them earlier, but just cut them up for safety's sake".

On Thursday, Queensland police announced they were investigating a suspected copycat incident after a metal rod was discovered on top of strawberries inside a plastic punnet at Coles in Gatton.

Those strawberries sold after Thursday are said to have been from a later shipment and are safe from the threat.

"There is no reason to stop eating strawberries, we just need to be aware of this incident".

Anyone with information should contact Crimestoppers on 1800 333 000.


COMMENTS