Naegleria fowleri is known as the "brain-eating amoeba" and is usually found in warm fresh water.
Stabile, whose family said he was an avid outdoorsman who loved to surf, had been at the park on vacation.
Stabile died at the Atlantic City Medical Center in New Jersey on September 21, days after returning home from Texas, NJ.com reported. He went on to develop symptoms, including brain swelling and fever, and was pronounced brain dead on September 21.
Ryanair strikes disrupt 40000 passengers across Europe
Earlier this month Ryanair chief executive Michael O'Leary said strikes by pilots were necessary to keep air fares down. Ryanair's chief operations officer Peter Bellew said the action, over pay and conditions, was "deeply regrettable".
The infection, which can cause a deadly infection called primary amoebic meningoencephalitis, usually occurs when contaminated water enters a person's nose, the CDC said.
In very rare instances, Naegleria infections may also occur when contaminated water from other sources (such as inadequately chlorinated swimming pool water or heated and contaminated tap water) enters the nose. We are in compliance with the CDC guidelines and recommendations concerning Naegleria fowleri'. The investigation follows the tragic death of New Jersey surfer Fabrizio "Fab" Stabile, who passed away from an infection caused by the amoeba shortly after surfing BSR's wavepool.
The Waco McLennan County Public Health District said that the CDC tested water at BSR and that results from the test would come out later this week. "BSR Surf Resort operates a state of the art artificial man-made wave".
Stabile's family have launched a GoFundMe for the Fabrizio Stabile Foundation for Naegleria Fowleri Awareness, in hopes of educating more people about the infection. "By the time Fabrizio was diagnosed, it was too late to administer the drug that had previously been provided to three of the only five known survivors in North America".